Community Connections is an innovative volunteer driver program that provides door-through-door assisted transportation to seniors and individuals with disabilities who cannot easily use other transportation services. The program provides mileage reimbursement for volunteer drivers to transport individuals who are too frail, ill or unable to use public transportation.
Seniors and individuals with disabilities who:
- Do not drive
- Too frail or ill to drive
- Do not have family support
- Do not have access to transportation
- Unable to use public transportation
- Riders choose and recruit their own volunteer drivers* from friends and neighbors they know and trust
- Volunteer drivers receive mileage reimbursement through the riders
- Rides are scheduled by riders and volunteer drivers as mutually convenient
- Riders may travel to other cities and cross county lines.
*Community Connections does not provide a pool of volunteer drivers.
Community Connections is funded by:
Azusa, Chino, Chino Hills, Claremont, Covina, Diamond Bar, Glendora, La Verne, Montclair, Ontario, Pomona, Rancho Cucamonga, San Dimas, Upland, Walnut, West Covina
- Community Senior Services
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Pomona Valley Transportation Authority (PVTA)
- Valley Transportation Services (Vtrans)
About Community Senior Services:
Community Senior Services provides a broad array of programs, services, and support for older adults and their families. The mission is to “connect people, information, resources and communities to enrich the lives of older adults.”